Gorilla Trekking is the most popular adventure activities to do while in Uganda. Most safaris in Uganda feature gorilla trekking as one of the things to do while on holiday in Uganda. Gorillas are found in two Ugandan national parks; Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and Mgahinga National Park. There are several habituated gorilla groups that can be visited by tourists though many still remain unhabituated with Bwindi Forest and Mgahinga National Park.
PLANNING FOR A GORILLA TREKKING TRIP
During the actual gorilla tracking exercise,there are various regulations and guidelines that are that ought to be followed for the smooth running of this exercise and to record an everlasting experience of a life time.After an early morning briefing,clients are allocated to the various gorilla groups and each group goes to track a given gorilla family beginning from where they were the previous day.Though the whole exercise of gorilla tracking takes between 2-5 hours,after coming across these primates going through their daily chores of playing,feeding their young ones and others relaxing and jumping from one branch to another,tourists are allowed a maximum of one hour to stay with them.Take their best shots of pictures having switched off their flashes not to scare away these primates some thing that can as well make them to charge.
GORILLA TRACKING PACKING LIST
There are various things that any body going to track gorillas should not do without and the following are the most prominent ones;
- Long trousers and pants that will insulate you from stinging nettles and should be strong enough to withstand occasional pulls from thorns.
- Long sleeved shirts/T-shirts for protection from various body harming tendrils.
- Hiking boots ideal for climbing hills and mountains.
- Warm cardigans to keep off coldness.
- Long sleeved rain coat since the weather is un predictable and it can rain any time.
- Water proof container for your camera for purposes of insulation.
- Head gear if you really desire it.
- Enough films for your camera.
- Sun glasses which will help you to protect your eyes from the penetrating sun rays and drops of water from the tree leaves.
- Camera and extra lenses